Announcement: Third International Certificate Program in Occupational Health Practice Sep 2011 – May 2012
Third International Certificate Program in Occupational Health Practice Sep 2011 – May 2012
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) announces its Third "International Certificate Program in Occupational Health Practice" that starts in Sep 2011.
It is designed as a strong introduction to Occupational Health for company health professionals (doctors and nurses) worldwide who work in companies and organisations in developing countries or remote areas and do not have a formal academic training in OSH. It is open for other professionals such as engineers, technicians or managers who want to strengthen their competencies in occupational health.
- It is 100% online and no travels are required
- Focuses on practical and evidence-based occupational health interventions
- Teaching is in English but assignments can be sent back in five languages: English, French, German, Spanish and (limited) in Arabic.
- Instructors are an international group of faculty with overseas experience
- Teaching is instructor-led with individual feedbacks for an intensive learning experience
- Courses can be taken individually
- Discount options for institutions/companies with multiple participants are available
The Program offers three courses during a nine month period (about 340 total hours):
- Foundations in Occupational Health Practice (10 weeks) Sep – Nov 2011
- Clinical Occupational Medicine and Medical Surveillance (8 weeks) Jan – Mar 2012
- Management in Occupational Health Practice (8 weeks) Apr – May 2012
Participants come from companies and organizations around the world, for instance from China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Nepal, Pakistan, Nigeria, Botswana, Kenya, South Africa, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, or Chile.
Details available at http://www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/ce/IntPrgOHP.html and
program brochure at http://www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/ce/Announcement-3rd_IPOHP.pdf
For questions please contact:
Dr. Norbert Wagner MD, PhD
Director, International Certificate Program in Occupational Health Practice
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
“We have selected the "International Programme in Occupational Health" as our preferred programme of study for those members of our global occupational health professional community who require foundation training. The comprehensive curriculum and instructor-led, internet-based format is ideal for this purpose and the qualification conferred carries real credibility.”
Dr. David Roomes MD
Medical Director, Global Manufacturing & Supply
Health, Safety & Performance CoE,
"The "International Program in Occupational Health Practice" uses a virtual and interactive learning platform to deliver high quality specialist training to all parts of the globe, filling a much needed training gap. The students, whether from developed or emerging economies, have benefited from the course by enabling them to implement scientifically sound, ethical and effective occupational health programs in the workplaces they support."
Dr. Mark Cunningham-Hill MB ChB (MD) FFOM
Director Global Occupational Health & Productivity
Global Health Services
Johnson & Johnson