True Story - Thousand miles begins with a single step....

  • George Abraham, Abu Dhabi
    Message 1 of 824 , Mar 23, 2005
      A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were
      a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes. When the boy
      was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine
      bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the
      bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the
      kitchen totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and
      playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its color and drank it
      all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small
      dosages.

      When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital,
      where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face
      her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw
      the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.
      What were the five words ?

      The husband just said "I am with you Darling"

      The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behavior.
      The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no
      point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken
      time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened. No one is
      to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at
      that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband.

      That is what he gave her. If everyone can look at life with this kind
      of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A
      journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

      Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and
      fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you
      think.

      MORAL OF THE STORY

      This story is really worth reading...... Sometimes we spend time in
      asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a
      relationship, in a job or with the people we know. By this way we
      miss out some warmth in human relationship.
    • Dr.GeorgeK John
      Message 824 of 824 , Apr 23, 2005
        Dear All,
        we were reading several messages on discussing the
        catholicate and patriarchate and i am sure that those
        arguments will never converge and touch to any
        conclusions as they are kept parallel today. the
        re-establishment of the catholicate of the 3rd century
        was done in malankara in 1912 for which there were
        objections within the church. however it was made
        right in 1964. still the confusion prevails.

        in one of my old postings i just mentioned about the
        establishment of a bishopate in Parumala seminary
        which is the spiritual power for all our church
        leaders, parishes all over the world and an undisputed
        pilgrimage for all irrespective of cast, creed and
        nation.
        St.Greegorios of Parumala himself went to Jeruselam
        and accepted the title of Jerusalem Patriarch in
        silence. However; never agreed to the request of HH
        Moran Peter III the Patriarch of Antioch to shift the
        saint's stay to Jerusalem. saint's staying back at
        Parumala resulted in the 2nd Jerusalem for us.
        it is a common sight in Parumala that a bishop is
        alway is visiting the sacred shrine.
        as suggested in my earlier postings can we position a
        bishop in that vacant seminary and re -establish the
        title 'Jerusalem Patriarch' under the St Thomas
        throne.
        this would fulfil the desire of the saint to activate
        the seminary as the spiritual centre for the church.
        this should be the only place where no Christian shall
        be denied of any sacraments because of the trivial
        church administration.

        with prayers
        Dr.GeorgeK John, Sharjah.