* St.John Chrysostom

  • Jacob P. Varghese, Sharjah
    Message 1 of 824 , Dec 28, 2004
      Dear members,

      This is regarding, a query of Mr. Mathew C. G. in Message: 6 of Digest No.
      1404, regarding the two names of St. John Chrysostom.

      To my knowledge, John was his name as a layman. Iaonnes and Ivanios are
      Greek forms of John. Chrysostomos, means "golden-mouthed" A simple woman,
      who heard his sermons, gave him this title. He lived up to his famous name
      from a very young age. He preached that what God wanted was not so much
      golden chalices but golden souls. When Saint John Chrysostom truly departed
      in peace, his last words uttered, were "Glory be to God for all things".
      Truly, glory was brought to God through the life led by this gifted and
      great saint, a life golden from youth.

      Jacob P. Varghese

      Sharjah
    • Dr.GeorgeK John
      Message 824 of 824 , Apr 23, 2005
        Dear All,
        we were reading several messages on discussing the
        catholicate and patriarchate and i am sure that those
        arguments will never converge and touch to any
        conclusions as they are kept parallel today. the
        re-establishment of the catholicate of the 3rd century
        was done in malankara in 1912 for which there were
        objections within the church. however it was made
        right in 1964. still the confusion prevails.

        in one of my old postings i just mentioned about the
        establishment of a bishopate in Parumala seminary
        which is the spiritual power for all our church
        leaders, parishes all over the world and an undisputed
        pilgrimage for all irrespective of cast, creed and
        nation.
        St.Greegorios of Parumala himself went to Jeruselam
        and accepted the title of Jerusalem Patriarch in
        silence. However; never agreed to the request of HH
        Moran Peter III the Patriarch of Antioch to shift the
        saint's stay to Jerusalem. saint's staying back at
        Parumala resulted in the 2nd Jerusalem for us.
        it is a common sight in Parumala that a bishop is
        alway is visiting the sacred shrine.
        as suggested in my earlier postings can we position a
        bishop in that vacant seminary and re -establish the
        title 'Jerusalem Patriarch' under the St Thomas
        throne.
        this would fulfil the desire of the saint to activate
        the seminary as the spiritual centre for the church.
        this should be the only place where no Christian shall
        be denied of any sacraments because of the trivial
        church administration.

        with prayers
        Dr.GeorgeK John, Sharjah.