Spiritual Words.

  • Words of St. Nonnus
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2001
      "Lord God, have mercy on me a sinner: I am not worthy to stand before Thee,
      seeing that I have never tried to embellish my soul for Thy presence. What
      that prostitute accomplished in a single day in beautifying herself surpasses
      everything I have ever achieved during all the years of my life. How can I
      have the face to look upon Thee, my God? I do not know what words to use in
      the attempt to justify myself in Thy presence, Lord. What excuse have I
      before Thee, seeing that all my hidden secrets are laid open before Thee? No,
      alas for me the sinner who, as I enter the threshold of Thy sacred temple and
      appear before Thy glorious altar, have failed to offer the beauty in my soul
      that Thou wants."

      St. Nonnus.