Suggestion for new re-prints of Qurbana kramam

  • Eldho Kuriakose
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2001
      Hello All,

      I know we occasionally modify the Qurbana kramam and re-print it. Here is a suggestion.

      Right now, we have

      Priest: (A prayer)

      people: amen

      Priest: Peace be with you all.
      People: And to thy spirit.

      Why not have the (A prayer) section printed out? So that people can not only listen to the priest saying the prayer but also silently follow along? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that people should say along with the priest.

      As an Altar boy, I can see (since I am standing right behind achen) the Premiyons and prayers the priest is praying during some of the services (baptisms, passion week etc etc). Following along as he is reads helps to keep focused and think about the meaning. Practically, it is easier for us (our brains) to work with two sources of the same information. Often we spend a lot of time in figuring out what Achen is saying after we hear it.

      Now, I undresand that the book will get a bit bigger as a result, but compared to prayer books in other churches, ours are a little smaller. We will also have to spend some more money for the books.

      ALso, it would be helpful to have the long prayers (sedra) also printed out. There are many "thaksas" that have different "sedras" right? People could read these to themselves when they are at home and think about them more if these were printed out.

      Any thoughts?

      ek