Definition of Tithe

  • George Varghese, Melbourne
    Message 1 of 368 , Jul 30, 2003
      Dear friends,

      I had a question that I hope someone can provide the answer to. I know
      that God has asked people to practise 'tithe'. Can you please give me
      the biblical reference for this? Also, what kinds of expenses does tithe
      cover? Does it include only donations to the church and the church
      activities (seminary, diocese etc.) or does it include donations to
      other secular charity organisations or environment protection
      organisations, etc.? Is it broad enough to cover any expense that we set
      aside for a purpose that is not our own personal benefit?

      Regards,
      George Varghese.
      Melbourne.
    • Prasad John
      Message 368 of 368 , Aug 20, 2012
        Dear Joykutty,

        Do you have the electronic version of the below, if so could you please forward it to me.
        My email id is prasadvjohn@...

        Thanks
        Prasad John

        From the Desk of Moderators:
        Please sign with your place information.