Re: Jesus as God and Nicene Creed/Response to Joykutty's mail

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 368 , Jun 30, 2003
      --- In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, Joykutty,Detroit wrote:
      > JESUS IS OUR GOD
      ... According to our H. Bible it
      says that if we believe that Jesus is our God and say by our mouth we shall
      saved. Some of our Christian denominations ask to us that whether we are saved
      or not; and if we join to their Church we shall.
      Further in the creed it says that "suffered" and "died". I
      can't agree with this point. The God is beyond the limitation of sufferings. Jesus did not cried on the cross or during all that Friday. If He was suffered He must cry. A person who shall suffer at any cost of braveness he shall cry or act as suffered; whereas in whole H. Bible or any part of it or any-where
      in the biblical history it never says that He suffered; where-as it says that theyattempted to suffer. So what shall we have understand that they tried or
      attempted to suffer him and he did not suffer since he is the God. The God shall never die and God is beyond the limitation of death. So what shall we understand that they tried or attempted to His death but we believe that he did not died. Of-course we can agree that he was kept in the burial place. More-than we must say that on the third day He raised among the
      buried people according to the prophets words; instead that according to His will.
      > Joykutty, Detroit

      Dear Joykutty, According to our faith, Divinity (God) also suffered
      along with humanity. Though He is sinless, He suffered death in
      reality. On the cross, His divinity did not separate from our
      humanity. i.e. His love was so deep (and beyond our understanding)
      that He allowed divinity to suffer (did not separate it, though is
      possible for Him).

      Our mortality is a result of our sin. But when God who is immortal
      suffered and died, it was a result of love. He resurrected, thus
      defeating death.

      Thomas
    • Prasad John
      Message 368 of 368 , Aug 20, 2012
        Dear Joykutty,

        Do you have the electronic version of the below, if so could you please forward it to me.
        My email id is prasadvjohn@...

        Thanks
        Prasad John

        From the Desk of Moderators:
        Please sign with your place information.