Re: Shortened Service

  • George Mathew
    Message 1 of 38 , May 1, 2003
      I totally agree with Lisa Issac's comments about the modifications done to
      the Feast of the Resurrection of our Lord.From the time we are baptized we
      are asked to repeat every time we pray the Nice Creed, the affirmation of
      our Faith. The Orthodox worship service is organised in a way that we can
      participate in the Life of the Lord when ever we attend a worship service.We
      live through the full life of Christ in our Qurbana.We suffer through his
      passion during the passion week service especially on Good Friday.The Church
      has arranged the Resurrection service exactly in accordance with what we
      I totally agree with Lisa Issac's comments about the modifications done to
      the Feast of the Resurrection of our Lord.From the time we are baptized we
      are asked to repeat every time we pray the Nice Creed, the affirmation of
      our Faith. The Orthodox worship service is organised in a way that we can
      participate in the Life of the Lord when ever we attend a worship service.We
      live through the full life of Christ in our Qurbana.We suffer through his
      passion during the passion week service especially on Good Friday.The Church
      has arranged the Resurrection service exactly in accordance with what we
      read in the Bible.That is why we have early morning service.It allows the
      practice of the Nice Faith "that He rose on the third day"

      This is what exactly happened in Toronto St.Gregorios Orthodox Church for
      Easter. Usually Resurrection is conducted after the Third Kauma prayer at the time of the song "Karuna Niranjavane" The Chief celebrant, Makorios Thirumeny, went straight to the Tomb after the evening prayer around 10 P.M and the Risen Christ was brought out.So is it possible ,then to change that over to a Saturday night and finish the service before 12 midnight.

      For personal convenience, can even the faith can be altered?.
      The reason the faithful people of the Malankara Church has gathered
      and put together churches for the practice of the Faith given to them by
      their ancestors.North America is not short of mordern version of the Passion
      week.So why do we spend so much of hard earned money erecting Orthodox
      Churches? only to see cut short versions

      Thanks and regards

      George Mathew
      Message 38 of 38 , May 5, 2003
        Christ Is Risen! Truly He Is Risen!

        "The Savior comes in various forms to each man for his profit. For to those
        who have need of gladness He becomes a Vine; and to those who want to enter
        in He stands as a Door; and to those who need to offer up their prayers He
        stands a mediating High Priest. Again, to those who have sins He becomes a
        Sheep, that He may be sacrificed for them. He is made all things to all men,
        remaining in His own nature what He is."

        St. Cyril of Jerusalem.
        "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who
        prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass."
        Psalm 37:7