Re: Dharma Sena, a non-Christian Sena

  • Raju Baby Thaluvachira - Mehsana
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 25, 2003
      Glory to God

      Most respected and dearly beloved brothers and sisters,

      This has reference to the email of Dr.George, Dubai regarding formation
      of Dharmasena at Kandanad Church for protecting our properties.

      Jesus said, we cannot serve two matters. If we serve our properties
      we will lose God.

      I trust this type of "Dharma Sena" is not at all required. Only
      PRAYER is required. Yes "Prayer Sena" is required to solve such
      problems. God will save all, and we will win finally. Come to HIM.

      Yes, Let us pray to our Lord for amicable solution.

      Pray for all ever & ever with love
      Raju Baby Thaluvachira - Mehsana
    • IOIF Moderators
      Message 61 of 61 , May 3, 2003
        Moderators Comments:

        Thinking the Church Calendar being as below, We posted our Church year as being six periods (Ref: The Living Sacrifice compiled by C.K varghese)

        .Koodos-Eetho to Yeldo(birth)
        .Yeldo to Kothine(water made to wine)
        .Kothine to Kymtha(Easter Resurrection)
        .Kymtha to Pentecost
        .Pentecost to Sleeba(Feast of the Cross)
        .Sleeba to Koodos-Eetho

        We would like to thank IOIF members who responded to our call for help and look forward to your comments and continued support to IOIF.

        IOIF Member comments:

        Dear Moderators,

        As I understand, there are seven periods in a year, not six.,
        One year is divided into seven periods.
        I, Koodos-Eetho to Christmas, emphasis is on God's eternal covenant
        and implication is renewal and sanctification of humanity.
        2, Christmas to Dahaho, emphasis is on birth of Christ and implies to
        rebirth of faithful.
        3, Danaho to Great Lent, emphasis is on Christ's growth and implies
        to spiritual growth of faithful.
        4, Great Lent to Easter, emphasis is on His acts, sufferings,
        Crucifixion, Resurrection and implies to repentance of faithful.
        5, Easter to Pentecost, emphasis is on resurrection and implies to
        hope of faithful.
        6, Pentecost to transfiguration, emphasis is on the growth of Church
        and implication is spiritual nourishment of faithful.
        7, Transfiguration to Koodos-Eetho, emphasis is on Second Advent and
        implies to eternal life of the faithful

        Normally the calendar is divided in to two: Sleeba to Easter and Easter to
        Sleeba. That is how our prayers are arranged.
        Since our Calendar begins with Koodosh Etho, we can start our calendar year with that date and divide the year in to six or seven periods. To the best of my knowledge, there are no such official six or seven periods.

        NOTE: The American Diocese has an English LECTIONARY ($10.00)published
        in 1988 that has been using in several churches in all over America and Canada and this one is not divided into periods. It is an exact translation of the
        Malayalam VEDHAVAYANKURIPPU.