Re: Holy Communion, a Privilege for the Baptized

  • George Varghese, Calgary, Canada
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003
      I would like to thank Fr. Kuriakose and Thomas P. for the wonderful
      write ups in the last digest. To often this point of ''abstaining if
      there is no church conforming to the faith. Becase one has the grace
      from other sacraments like baptism which was once received. We
      abstain not with pride, but with humility, not hurting the faith of
      fellow members of the communion. Yet we pray for the unity of
      churches which seperated in history. The very meaning of the word
      communion is "being united", thus it is not an individual act. '' is
      not empahsised and taught firmly in our Churches for a person from
      childhood. This is the reason why see so many moving away partaking
      communion at wherever they feel.

      Also Fr.Kuriakose achens write up on making the statement,It was
      edifying and agree on your point that Holy Qurbana be given to only
      those that come prepared. Though I agree the shortcut absolution be
      not considered a prerequisite, I would say that a rule that a person
      coming forward to Holy qurbana must have had confession before a
      priest in the past 3 months could be enfored in parishes. For this
      the Kalpana doesnt have to be awaited. Every priest is given that
      authority to ensure that the blood and flesh of Christ be given to
      those who come prepared only.
      Now on:
      ''IF THE CHURCH DECIDES TO DISPERSE ALL NON-COMMUNICANTS BEFORE THE
      HQ, SOME PURIFICATION WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE CHURCH.''

      If Church does that it might drive away too who might have had an
      encounter by being part of service and repenting that he/she is not
      in position to partake of Holy qurbana. The world out of Church is
      full of all kinds of people luring those who have been baptised into
      the Church elsewhere. Also, the priests and kappiars might have to
      come with Guns and Vadikal to drive away those who now come to Church
      to only cause problems. Just some quick thoughts.

      George Varghese
      Calgary