5th April, Perunnal of H.H Kuriakose Mar Gregoriose (Pampady)

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2001

      Today 5th April  2001 is the Perunnal (36th Death Anniversary) of H.H Kuriakose Mar Gregoriose (Popularly known as Pampady Thirumeni).

      Born on 4th April 1885.

      Died on 5th April 1965 at 02:35 hrs at the age of 80 yrs.(Just see the coincidence of these dates)

      Thirumeni's pocket watch also stopped exactly at 02:35 hrs at the time of his last breath and the same is still displayed at "Pothenpuram Dayara" of Pampady, Kottayam Dist along with the other belongings of Thirumeni.

      Although Thirumeni is still not declared as a Saint formally by the church, he is a Saint in the true sense.

      There is testimony that, all the faithful's calls/prayers are answered by Thirumeni promptly.

      Thirumeni's Perunnal is celebrated regularly in a simple but appropriate way in our churches in Dubai and Abu Dhabi also.

      I recommend that Pampady Thirumeni's biography written by Prof. K.M Kuriakose and Published by Indiana Publications should be read by all, especially our children. It will really be a devine experience.

      With Prayers,

      George Abraham