Spiritual Words.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      "Our intellect often finds it hard to endure praying because of the
      straitness and concentration that it involves; but it joyfully turns to
      theology because of the broad and unhampered scope of divine speculation.
      Therefore, so as to keep the intellect from expressing itself too much in
      words or exalting itself unduly in its joy, we should spend most of our time
      in prayer, in singing psalms and reading the Holy Scriptures, yet without
      neglecting the speculations of wise men whose faith has been revealed in
      their writings. In this way we shall prevent the intellect from confusing its
      own utterances with the utterances of grace, and stop it from being led
      astray by self-esteem and dispersed through over-elation and loquacity."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.

      "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God
      is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:8