Flash News - H.H Catholica Bava Thirumeni Arrived in UAE

  • IOIF Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Bava Thirumeni was accorded a warm reception at the Abu Dhabi
      International Air Port by the UAE Parishes when H.H arrived on
      Wednesday evening. The welcome programme was led by Rev.Fr. MS Skaria
      vicar of St. George Orthodox Church, Abu Dhabi and Convenor of the
      core committee responsible for the UAE level reception.

      Bava Thirumeni was then taken to St. George Orthodox Church, Abu
      Dhabi in a procession of hundreds of cars by the faithfuls in the 35
      KM route.
      Thirumeni was very much pleased to see the enthusiasm of the
      faithfuls to pay love and respect to him when HH arrived at the
      Church.

      After the evening prayers etc Thirumeni addressed the faithfuls for
      about one hour.

      The theme of HH's address was advising all the faithfuls to pray and
      act vigourously to build a strong unified Malankara Sabha, which will
      be the greatest tribute we will be paying to our apostole St.Thomas,
      who has given his blood for we Indian Christians.

      The large number of faithfuls who have assembled in good strength
      were virtually in tears, after witnessing the sincereity and
      commitment of THEIR FATHER with their own eyes even at this old age.

      HH will be in UAE for the next 5 days.

      On the occasion of the Hon. Supreme Court of India's recent historic
      judgement (ending the century old disputes)upholding the the
      unchallenged position of Catholicose of the East and Malankara
      Methrapolitan status to our Bava Thirumeni, a grand public reception
      to Bava Thirumeni will be accorded by all UAE parishes in a special
      function at St. Thomas Orthodix Church,Dubai on Friday (06.12.02)at
      17:00 hrs. In addition to local dignitaries, govt. functionaries etc
      a large number of faithfuls from the Malankara Orthodox Church,
      sister churches and other communities are expected participate in
      this Great Event and pay respect to the oldest living christian
      Pondif.
      We request all our members and well wishers especially from UAE to
      work and pray for the success of this event.

      IOIF Moderators