Sunday School Teachers' Training

  • Oommen Kappil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2013
    Dear All,
    The Annual Sunday School Teachers' Conference of the Northeast American Diocese was held at St. Gregorios Malankara Orthodox Church in Bensalem, PA on Nov. 16, 2013.

     Rev. Dr. Timothy (Tenny) Thomas, a renowned theologian and scholar was the keynote speaker at the conference. Achen led the training session for the teachers. His topic was 'Being a Living Icon: Spirituality and Sunday School Teaching'.  Achen's presentation was quite insightful for everyone including the young, old, experienced and inexperienced. Attached is the PowerPoint presentation with highlights. Reading the material won't be the same as attending his class, yet I hope it will be helpful to those who are interested.

    "The teacher must know that which he/she would teach.… Imperfect knowing will be reflected in imperfect teaching.  If you stop growing today, you stop teaching tomorrow.
    Good teachers, I always say, are FAT people— those who are Faithful, Available, and Teachable. "

    I thank Tenny Achen for giving permission to share the Powerpoint with you all.
     Also here is the audio of the message by Tenny achen:
    Oommen Kappil, Philadelphia