The Virtue of Womanhood - Project Details from Rev. Fr. P.A. Philip

  • Mini Varghese
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2013
      Dearly Beloved,

      Greetings to you from the Ministry of Human Empowerment, Catholicate Palace, Devalokam, Kottayam.

      I am immensely happy to inform you all that Malankara Orthodox Church has launched a three months Project on Women Safety and Empowerment on the backdrop of increasing and unabated violence and atrocities against women and children.

      The project is named "Penmayude Nanma" (The Virtue of Womanhood)  which has two focuses.

      1.  Generating conscience in the society to recognize the virtue of women and respect them
      2.  Educating the women to discover their virtue and worth without yielding to the pressures of modernity.

      ·        The project envisages to launch intensive awareness campaign to educate the Church members so as to ensure safety of women in the changing social scenario and the need to respect and value women.
      ·        His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Paulose II, the Catholicose has issued a Kalpana (No. 220/2013 dated 11 September 2013) to all parishes to implement the project in all parishes as a top priority item.
      ·        October,November and December 2013 are set apart for serious study, deliberations and action plans and various other programs in all parishes.
      ·        A handbook titled " Penmayude Nanma" which includes scholarly articles highlighting various aspects of women Empowerment in the Church is published and distributed in all parishes of the Church.
      ·     A beautiful poster also has been distributed in all parishes of the Church.
         The theme of the project- 1 Pet.3:7

      HOW ?

      ·        Classes, Seminars, Debates and Discussions in all parishes.
      ·        Rallies, Dramas for awareness
      ·        Sunday, December 1st (When the Church celebrates the meeting between St.Mary and Elizabeth) will be observed as Women Safety Day and the week follows (1st – 7th Dec.) as Women Safety Week.
      ·        Prayer for Women Safety and Empowerment.
      ·        Awareness campaigns in all colleges and schools run by the Church.
      ·        Honoring the mothers and women who proved to be role models.
      ·        Special programs in Dioceses and regions on the subject.

      I am hopeful that this year onwards the Projects of the Ministry will be taken more seriously as we have constituted  a strong committee of the MOHE in all Dioceses.The Vicars and the Managing Committees in each parish should be keen to implement these projects as these address the contemporary social issues.

      This is for your kind information.

      Yours in the Lord,

      Fr. P.A.Philip, Deputy Secretary,
      Malankara Orthodox Church,
      Catholicate Palace,Devalokam.P.O,
      Kottayam,Kerala - 686 004
      Thank You Achen for providing this write up for ICON readers.
    • kayenthomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2013
        Congratulations to Fr P A Philip and his team. Let us all support this very timely and much needed project. I wish and pray for all success for 'Penmayude Nanma'. Dr K N Thomas, Kottayam.

        Sent from my iPad