Onam celebration in Churches

  • ICON Email
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
        It is alright for Christians to celebrate Onam in Churches.

      The sacrifice of Mahabali is a divine sacrifice that ordinary people do not make.
      Just like Jesus sacrificed for others, Mahabali sacrificed himself,
      and hence he is following the teaching of Jesus.
      Mahabali's sacrifice is to be remembered thankfully by Keralites.
      Mahabali practiced the Christian principle of humility, and sacrificial love.
      In addition to that, we who come from Kerala see it as a happy time of joyful
      celebration. As long as the immigrant generation is alive, we will enjoy it.

      Ruthamma Chacko
      East Brunswick, NJ