Why our Bawa is not visiting Constantinopole or Russia?

  • george_cthomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2013

      Our people are giving too much importance to Bawa's visit to Vatican to meet  Roman Pope. What ever documents we sign with Roman Catholic Church, reeth Church will stiil be a big headache for our Church in Kerala. I don't know whether HH has discussed the aggressive attitude of reeth Arch Bishop and stealing of our Bawa's title.

      In the Vatican's message, it is said that our Church is an autonomous Church. Its not mentioned that our Bawa is successor to Apostle St Thomas.

      Our Bawa should have visited Moscow or Constantinople and signed documents with HH Patriarch of Russia or Ecumenical Patriarch to end the schism with our Byzantine Orthodox brothers.

      George C. Thomas

    • sanu
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2013
        Dear Friends,

        Agreeing with Mr. George C Thomas's view on establishing improved relation with other Orthodox churches. Same time I would like to consider Our Bawa thirumeni's visit with Pope of Rome as an important step and probably the need of the hour, which helped our church to have a better position within Christian community of this country.

        In recent years, we have seen multiple Prelates/Bishops from Kerala claiming the title of Catholico's, where as the spiritual head of the biggest Christian church in the world has accepted only our Catholicos as equal in position.
        Pope has offered a throne of equal specification and greeted our head as "Holy" Catholicos where as the self declared Catholica had been called as Cardinal and had to sit in a normal chair along with other bishops.

        Sanu Philip
        Bangalore,
      • joice thottakad
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2013

          Speech by HH Baselius Marhoma Mathews I. Welcoming H. H. Pope John Paul II at Mar Elia Cathedral, Kottayam, 8 February 1986

          http://marthoman.tv/?p=8797

          Joice Thottackad
          Managing Editor
          http://www.malankaraorthodox.tv/