MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE I FORSAKEN YOU?

  • alex4121@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25 11:52 AM
      MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE I FORSAKEN YOU?

      We are familiar with the lamentation of Jesus Christ on the cross,"My God, my God why have you forsaken me?" as recorded in Mathew 27:46. Many of us spend a lot of time on this matter especially when we are in desperate situation and ask God why he has forsaken us.

      God has given us numerous assurances that He will be with us. For example in Mathew 28:20 quoting Jesus it is recorded, Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. The parable of the lost sheep is recorded in Mathew 18 and in 18:14 it is recorded as Jesus saying, Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. I am sure that the readers can quote many more from Holy Bible, especially from Psalms. For example in Psalms 62 it is written that My soul find rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I shall never be shaken.

      All these show very clearly that God has no forsaken us. But very often Satan persuades us to forsake God by one way or another. When this happens we should always come back to God because He is our salvation.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, LEEDS, England.
      25 August, 2013.