MGRC News July 2013

  • secretarymgrc
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2013
    Dear Prayer Partners

    I am attaching the July 2013 issue of 'MGRC News'. Please continue to
    uphold this ministry in your prayers.

    With best regards

    *Prof. (Dr.) Philipose Joshua
    Honorary Secretary
    Mar Gregorios Rehabilitation Centre

    **Please visit our website:
    <www.mgrc.co.in> for information and online payment of donations.*
  • Ben
    Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2013
      Dear believers,
      I was in India for a month and thought I should share some thoughts with you.

      In Mumbai, it was a pleasant surprise to see that the Aramana Church in New Bombay has been renovated and fully air conditioned. Congratulations to the members who cooperated and contributed to this expense.
      The St. Mary's Cathedral at Dadar, Mumbai my home parish, needs to seriously consider building a lift/elevator for seniors who have to climb a winding staircase to reach the church which is on the top floor. Many of the original members including my father find it difficult to climb two flights of stairs. Considering the fact that it is a Cathedral and has a constant stream of worshippers/dignitaries/visitors, old /young/sick/healthy, coming in from time to time for various purposes the Managing Committee needs to put this on their list of priorities.

      Most of the parishes in Mumbai and Kerala that I had the good fortune to visit, have choirs which brings me to something I received from my brother, viz. three CD's/DVD's of the "La Moriyo Zegotho".
      The Live symphony of the Liturgical Chants is a spiritually enlightening experience and I congratulate Bava Thirumeni and all those associated with the making of this symphony under the Direction of Fr. John Samuel for this venture. Surely, this is a crowning achievement of our Centenary year and I hope copies of these audio/visual CD's will be printed in large numbers and distributed to all parishes of the MOSC and its members. I have not tired of listening to the music ever since I got them. Hope it will be available to all soon.

      Yours in Christ,
      Susan Benjamin, Toronto

      ICON Moderator’s Note:

      We would once again like to remind that the thoughts shared by those who post in the group are the opinions and views of the author and not necessarily that which is in obedience to the faith of the Church or which is agreeable to each and every one of the Moderators.
      For this particular posting as an example some of us believe the matter of the elevator in the parish is something that should be bought to the attention of the Parish Management committee, while others believe this media will be useful to bring attention to the committee and others.

      In regards to instruments in choir and music also, not all Moderators are in agreement that this in light of the faith of the Church and has only crept into the practice more recently as identified at this article.
      http://returntoorthodoxy.com/instruments-god-man-michael-wingert/

      In all postings, we attempt to coming into consensus and seek your continuous prayer for God’s help in our short comings as individuals and as Moderators.