DELHI GOSPEL CONVENTION 2013

  • Joy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2013

    THE DELHI GOSPEL CONVENTION 2013

    ORGANISED BY INDIAN ORTHODOX DIASPORA, DIOCESE OF DELHI, MOSC

    Theme: Be Transformed…Romans 12: 2

    Delhi!!

    It's always refreshing to reflect on God's plan and purposes for our lives by tuning ourselves with the Word of God. The first ever Gospel Convention in Hindi and English in the Orthodox churches in India gives us such an opportunity. Organized by the Indian Orthodox Diaspora, Diocese of Delhi.

    Lighthouse...

    "Be transformed.” - Romans 12:2

    Why?

    The Delhi Gospel Convention strives to:-

    • Help us see where we are in our relationship with Jesus Christ.

    • Help us understand our role in the Church and the World and inspire us towards a journey of transformation as reflected in the Holy Bible.

    • Build up lay leaders with mission and purpose through prayer, reading the Bible, participating in the Holy Qurbana, and other sacraments.

    • Inspire men and women to think about the relevance of praying and loving the Church.

    • Connect you with your neighbour in this journey of transformation, so a good opportunity to invite our friends, colleagues, neighbours and all those interested to listen to the Word of God. So let's be there.

    See also: https://www.facebook.com/events/180966892072777/

    When?

    Saturday, 10th of August, 2.30pm to 9 pm as we disperse after dinner and prayers, Sunday, 11th of August, 7am we start the Holy Qurbana and then go on to the session till 2 pm as we disperse after having lunch together.

    Where?

    St Mary's Orthodox Cathedral Church, Safdarjung Development Area, Hauz Khas- Delhi- 110016.

    Landmark: Ask for St Paul's School, Hauz Khas. The St. Mary's Orthodox Cathedral is at a stone's throw from the school.

    How to reach?

    St Mary's Cathedral Church is well connected by all means of transport. Copy paste this address on your browswer to get the google map: https://plus.google.com/109319015452473632013/about

    By METRO: It is less than a Kilometre away from the GREEN PARK Metro Station on the Yellow Line. (Connecting Jahangirpuri with Huda City Centre.)

    By ROAD: While on the AIIMS road towards Mehrauli (Qutab Minar fame) Road, St Mary's Orthodox Cathedral Chur is on the right hand side behind the Aurobindo Market (some 200m inside the residential area of SDA) after Green Park Metro Station.

    One can always hire metered auto rickshaws from anywhere in Delhi to reach the venue. Ask for Green Park Metro Station and Safdarjung Development Area to reach here. St Paul's Senior Secondary School is a known location to everyone.

    Prefer Metro

    There will be special ferries available from Green Park Metro Station to the Church for drop after the sessions on both days.

    Who can join?

    Everyone is invited!

    Resource?

    Patron: His Grace Dr. Youhanon Mar Demetrios, Metropolitan, Diocese of Delhi.

    Main Speaker: Rev Fr Geeverghese John, Asst Vicar, St. Thomas Indian Orthodox Church, Philadelphia, US. Senior clergy team of the Diocese will be present to guide and steer you through the convention and an experience of Orthodoxy.

    Organising Committee.

    The Organising committee comprises of a Core Group of representatives from all parishes in the Delhi - NCR under the guidance of Rev. Fr Thomas Ninan.

    Hosted by

    A dedicated team of lay leaders and office bearers under the leadership of the Cathedral Vicar Rev Fr. Philip M Samuel and Assistant Vicar Rev Fr. Thomas John Mavelil are at the venue to ensure your experience is a memorable one.

    Partnership

    Your prayerful partnership towards the event is earnestly requested.

    • To dedicate the event and resource persons in your prayer.

    • To commit the Church, the Diocese of Delhi and the leadership.

    • To spread the word among your church mates, in the spiritual organisations, in your office space and neighborhood to join the event.

    Please contribute monetarily in the event. Contact 91-9811126469 for treasurer. Cheques can be drawn in favour of 'Indian Orthodox Diaspora'

    Can i call?

    Yes, in case of any doubt feel free to call anytime @ 9810206326 or 9811126469. We will be happy to respond to your queries at iodsdelhi@.... God bless!

    Santosh K Joy

    Joint Secretary, IODS, Delhi.