A monastery in the center of India - Mar Coorilose's vision

  • Mathew Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2013
      Mar Coorilose says "In olden days a family used to have 5 or even 10 children. Nowadays we have smaller families. Hence offering a child for monastic life, and inspiring the younger generation about the virtues of being a monk etc is not usual. But monasteries are powerhouses of spiritual life. They are the backbones of faith and faith education. I am hoping the Gregorian Community can become a model monastery, over time, but one which caters to not only celibate men and women who desire to seek God, but one that also has space for families to come away from the pressures of every day life and spend time in calm and peace."

      HG Geevarghese Mar Coorilose has grand plans and hopes for the Gregorian Community in Roha. Read on here about HG's vision for a monastery outside Kerala in the Gregorian Community:

      Regards
      Mathew Samuel,
      Albany, NY