Death (Martyrdom) Is The End Celebration Of A Holy Life - HG Mar Yulios

  • VINU
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013
      Upholding the uniqueness of Apostle Saint Thomas that distinguishes him from other Apostles HG Dr. Geevarghese Mar Yulios, exhorted the faithful that as a true descendant of the great disciple and as an Orthodox Christian, one should imbibe the boldness, conviction, commitment to the gospel and martyrdom of Saint Thomas who preached in Persia, Parthia, Midea, Malabar coast, Malankara, Sri Lanka and China for forty years from AD 32 to AD 72.

      HG Mar Yulios stressed on the the 'zeal' Saint Thomas, the other disciples and our holy fathers showed to martyr their lives as glowing and convincing testimonies of their faith in their Lord and God Jesus Christ, after living a life of suffering and extreme persecution. HG stressed that these martyrs actually very piously and thankfully celebrated their deaths.

      HG Mar Yulios recalled THREE cardinal incidences that is described in the gospel according to Saint John which depicted invaluable pointers to Christian courage and truth.

      When Jesus said he was returning to Judea to visit his sick friend Lazarus, Saint Thomas immediately exhorted the other Apostles to accompany Him on the trip (that 'we may die with Him'), which involved certain danger and possible death because of the mounting threat of persecution that prevailed there then.(St. John 11:16).

      At the last supper, when Christ told His disciples that He was going to prepare a place for them to which they also might come because they knew both the place and the way, Saint Thomas pleaded that they did not understand. Jesus then gave the most beautiful very cardinal assurance that "I am the THE WAY THE TRUTH AND LIFE". No one goes to the Father except through ME. (St. John 14;5-7).

      Saint Thomas is best known for his role in verifying and proving undoubtedly to the world the glorious RESURRECTION of his Master.
      Unwillingness of Saint Thomas to believe that the other Apostles had SEEN the RISEN Lord on the first Sunday was cleared by the Lord by His reappearance eight days later. Saint Thomas was shown the POINT OF NAILS in Jesus' hands and Lord let Thomas feel the nail marks and put his hand into HIS SIDE. At this St. Thomas got deeply and most emphatically as well as emotionally convinced of the TRUTH OF RESURRECTION and cryingly exclaimed "My Lord and My God" thus making a public profession of faith on the divinity of Jesus. (St.John 20:25)

      HG Dr Geevarghese Mar Yulios, Metropolitan of Ahmedabad Diocese of the Church, was the chief celebrant at the Tri-Mass celebrated at Saint Thomas Cathedral Dubai on Friday the 5th July 2013, to commemorate the Duhkrono of Saint Thomas, our Patron and Guardian Saint and Apostle of India. Very Rev. Fr. VT Thomas Cor Episcopa and Vicar Rev. Fr. TJ Johnson assisted the Metropolitan. Rev. Fr. Mathew Varghese (Vicar, Saint Gregorious Church, Jebel Ali) and Rev. Fr. Issaac B Prakash were co-celebrants.

      Dr. Vinu Thomas, Dubai.