Koonan Kurishu Pilgrim Center: An Iconic Landmark In The Making

  • Thomas George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2013
    Respected All,

    During my last vacation, I had the privilege to visit Koonan Kurishu Church at Mattanchery. Since it was my first visit to the place, I had no idea how to reach there, but to my astonishment the first person whom I queried with gave me the exact location! So for the locals of Mattancherry, it is already a �landmark�.

    And my thoughts were correct when I reached the site. This beautiful piece of land with the Church structure standing out from all the surroundings was something I had never ever seen before. The different concept and design makes it an excellent architectural marvel.

    It can be even called the 1st eco-friendly church of Malankara Orthodox Church with its unique concepts of brickwork, natural light utilization and free airflow designs.

    So, let me say that it is going to be �An Iconic Landmark�� for the Malankara Orthodox Church in Kerala like the Catholicate Aramana and Parumala Church. Please take some time out to visit the project and see for yourselves. Salutes to all those behind the project, especially Mr. John Samuel, the convenor behind this project, and Mr. Vinu Samuel, the architect of this project!

    Please also find attached some pictures of this iconic structure.

    With Regards,
    Thomas George, Abu Dhabi