Joseph M. Puthussery Invited For IAO Meeting At Athens

  • george_cthomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21 2:27 AM
      IMr. Joseph M. Puthussery, ex MLA of Kerala assembly has been invited to attend the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy (I.A.O.)'s 20th annual general meeting, which will be held at Athens.

      ABOUT THE I.A.O

      The Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy (I.A.O.) is an interparliamentary body, set up upon the initiative of the Hellenic Parliament. You are hereby presented with a brief introduction to the profile of the I.A.O., consisting of the organization's background, objectives, structure and turning point.

      Parliamentary delegations from Member Parliaments of the organisation participate, namely: Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, the Federation of Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovakia and Ukraine, as well as, groups of Members of Parliaments from: Australia, Asia, Africa and the U.S.A

      The I.A.O. organs are:

      The General Assembly:
      It is the supreme organ of the I.A.O. consisting of the delegations of all Member Parliaments. The proceedings are directed by the President of the General Assembly who is elected by the plenary session of the Assembly. The General Assembly convenes once annually during the month of June.

      The International Secretariat:
      The Secretary General, the Alternate Secretary General, the Treasurer and five members – always including a Greek and a Russian deputy, form the I.A.O. International Secretariat. Two non-parliamentary advisors have also been appointed by the International Secretariat. The International Secretariat is responsible for the constitution of its eight Committees: the Financial Committee, the Committee on Human Rights, the Committee on Education, the Committee on Regulation, the Committee on Social Affairs, the Committee on Culture, the Committee on Bioethics and the Committee on International Policy.

      The President of the General Assembly, the members of the Secretariat and the Committees, are elected for a two-year tenure.

      Source: http://www.eiao.org/default.aspx?lang=2

      George C. Thomas, Kuwait