Re: Clarification Regarding Holy Spirit

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
      Dear all,

      Letter. `' Thank you for the good message. My specific query in this regard is if you consecrate a bishop or priest and later by his violation of authority if you have to suspend him will his bishophood/priest hood terminate. By a "mukaku kalpana" you are only preventing him to use his authority in this world as priest /bishop. Othewise once you give him a "kaiveppu" it is valid till he leaves from this world. Some people have this misunderstanding…..''

      Just as God hadn't taken away the freedom of choice once He gave to Adam, free choice that priests/ bishoprics received don't disappear, but is not allowed to do any spiritual or administrative role in the parishes or dioceses or church under the specified jurisdictions for each. Though the freedom remained, Adam had to leave from the Eden Paradise and live in a world that of prickles and woes. The person in question can be barred to do any clerical function from one parish/diocese/church but may be allowed to attend the worship; all depend on the severity of the problem and the conditions laid for each. If it is heresy, he may be excommunicated from the church, but can be reinstated by confessing his misdoings or heresies. However, grieving the Spirit of God who gave him the spiritual authority to lead the flock is not matter of joke.

      They generally leave from that particular church and can lead the flock in another church, provided they accept his clerical authority and the conduct of life. Some people create new churches by getting ordained/consecrated by bishops of sister churches, the reason for mushrooming so many denominations and cults. All what has been happening in Kerala since the 15th century are monumental events. There is only one queen `in gold of ophir', Bride for the Groom, Ps.45, hence only, `'only Lord, one faith, one baptism …..'', Eph.4, 3-8. All other denominations are the Bride's maids, `virgin companions' because accepting many Brides ends in polygamy that adds to another heresy. `kaiveppu' remains like that of the seal of the baptism of the baptised ones who don't follow the church discipline, without bearing the desired fruits.

      This is my understanding, better get it clarified from erudite clerics/bishops of our church.

      E.S.John, Australia