Re:FATHER'S DAY- THE THIRD SUNDAY IN JUNE

  • alex4121@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013
      I received this poem from Tobi Shaji, an 8 year old boy of the St George's Orthodox Church, Manchester to day - the Father's Day in UK.

      God took the strength of a mountain,
      The majesty of a tree,
      The warmth of a summer sun,
      The calm of a quiet sea,
      The generous soul of nature,
      The comforting arm of night,
      The wisdom of the ages,
      The power of the eagle's flight,
      The joy of a morning in spring,
      The faith of a mustard seed,
      The patience of eternity,
      The depth of a family need,
      Then God combined these qualities,
      When there was nothing more to add,
      He knew His masterpiece was complete,
      And so, He called it ... Dad

      It is good that we remember our fathers in father's day. In this respect, we should remember St Joseph who became the father of Jesus at least for a short time. He obeyed the word of God and accepted a pregnant woman as his wife knowing that he will not be the father of that child and looked after her vey well. Father's day should not be restricted just for one day a year. Every day can be a father's day when we say the Lord's prayer. "our Father who art in heaven....". Just like father's day strengthen our bond with our father, it should bind us to the Eternal Father.

      DR M.S.ALEXANDER, Leeds, England