Jesus Prayer

  • Jose Kurian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
      Dear and Respected Brethren,

      Immediately after the demise of H.G. Geevarghese Mar Ivanios Metropolitan
      of Kottayam, of blessed memory, a few eminent members of the Forum had
      suggested that the Holy Episcopal Synod of our Holy Church has to recognize
      and approve the ‘Jesus Prayer’, as it is practiced in Mar Baselios Dayara,
      Njaliyakuzhi, as an official prayer of the Church. I too whole heartedly
      support the suggestion and do humbly beseech to the Holy Synod to instruct
      the responsible persons of the Orthodox Sunday School Association to
      include this prayer as a part of the Sunday school syllabus, in addition to
      what else are being continued. The prayer must be mandatory topic for all
      children of class V and above. And there must be facility to practice the
      prayer during the public assembly at the beginning or end of each Sunday
      school classes. It is expected that our most respected Thirumenies who
      often read the messages in ICON would kindly take up the matter to the Holy
      Synod and do the needful to make it a blessing.

      May God bless us all.

      Jose Kurian Puliyeril
    • susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2013
        Respected friends,
        I endorse Kurian Sir's proposal.
        Regards
        Susan Eapen
        Thiruvananthapuram
      • a.varghese10
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
          Since my last posting on Jesus Prayer, I see some that some of the esteemed ICON participants followed up on the message. Thank you all for following up on my posting. I believe that prayers and meditation with Jesus prayer as practiced in Mar Baselios Dayara will be a solace to a number of our orthodox people running to evangelical prayer meetings and ministries. I hope the Holy Synod will officially consider instituting Jesus Prayer as an official prayer along the lines as is practiced at Mar Baselios Dayara. Meanwhile, I heard from one of the senior priests of Syro-Malabar Catholic Church that they are looking into Jesus Prayer "as practiced by the Eastern Orthodox Churches" and are thinking of adopting it as a practice.

          Varghese
          Kottayam