An Appeal From St. Marys Church, Ponkunnam

  • icon.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 225 KB
    Respected Friends:

    In Christ we hope that you and your parish are doing well. Let me introduce myself as the Vicar of St. Marys Orthodox Church Ponkunnam.

    Our church is in need of a major repair. Even our small parish of 40 poor families has out grown the space available even for a regular Sunday mass, leave alone special occasions like marriages, when people from other parishes join us. Hence in the grace of God we have decided to construct a new church where the current one exists. Planning for a modest church that can accommodate 250 to 300 people and the cost is estimated to be around 5 million rupees (50 lakhs).

    We believe that the miraculous hand of lord almighty will do it through the holy intercession of St. Mary. We know that these are difficult times and the world is just recovering from a recession. We wish you appreciate the fact that it is the small drops of water that make a mighty river. We are trying to seek support from our Diaspora, who is part of your parish also. We think you can help by carrying this noble cause in your daily prayers as well as by any monetary help possible from your parish, regardless of its size.

    We pray to God almighty to shower his blessings upon you and your parish. Let me conclude this letter with prayers. We look forward to your continued support.

    Sincerely,

    Fr. Gino Varghese (Vicar)
    Ph: +91-9497705897
    Email: ginovarghese@...