Evangelizer of England and Byzantine Orthodox

  • george_cthomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2013
      Appreciate Mr George Varghese for posting insight about the Sainthood. Instead of studying about the life and works of saints, and history of Byzantine Orthodox Churches and work towards competete reconciliation, we are wasting our time having ecumenical talks and prayers with heterodox communities.

      Orthodox Churches have compromised Apostolic Canons by joining heterodox WCC. Only an observer role should have been assumed by all Orthodox Churches in WCC instead of membership.

      George C. Thomas, Kuwait
    • george_tereb
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
        "george_cthomas" <george_cthomas@...> wrote
        > Appreciate Mr George Varghese for posting insight about the Sainthood. Instead of studying about the life and works of saints, and history of Byzantine Orthodox Churches and work towards competete reconciliation, we are wasting our time having ecumenical talks and prayers with heterodox communities. Orthodox Churches have compromised Apostolic Canons by joining heterodox WCC. Only an observer role should have been assumed by all Orthodox Churches in WCC instead of membership.<

        As much as I understand the sympathy for Chalcedonian Orthodox

        Let us try to correct these first:
        1. Our own shortcoming without having many translators and teachers of faith ,
        2.Or own blind eye at any thing by Syrian Orthodox Church with whom we share in communion with because we have a problem with a faction called Jacobite Syrian community,
        3/. Let us each of the OO that we share in communion with having each their own problems and living within their own cocoons be it cultural or otherwise and see to emphasise that that we need each other
        4. Try to practise and encourage ourselves to live out our own faith by looking deeper at what we have and seek comfort that the glorious return to Holy Orthodox Christianity among those of Indian Origin, whether we are in India or elsewhere has still the potential to happen if we are willing earnestly to live it out with His mercy.

        I donot write much beacuse of my own limitations but had to before it gets too offsetted . For example George posted and took the pain to correct a posting on st Ephraim whom we donot consider as a saint and the rightful Saint and Patriach at that period was St. Severus of Antioch as corrected by my friend Mathew G.M of Jacobite Syrian community and we follow and copy as if a book by Bishop Kallistos or teaching by Chalcedonian friends is the all and everything on Holy Orthodox Christianity when we had a living teacher like HG Mar Ivanios and his teachings as written by those who heard him in Malayalam. Our faith is simple and we don't want to do anything with it just like the man who buried his coins. To change the effort should be as individuals is my feeling on this.

        Thank You and keep in prayer

        George Varghese
        Calgary, Canada

        P.S - About W.C.C , NCC or ecuminical forums those who are active there, my only suggestion is that we can be participants but first look within themselves and the Church to see if we really are practising what we teach as a Church and ask honestly what is the most important