Re: Divyabodhanam - English

  • Joji
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2013
      Dear sister in Lord,

      I am pursuing the course of Divyabodhanam in English from Bahrain, Middle East. However the course books in English especially in PDF format is not available. If you can help it will be of grate help.

      Thanks and regards

      Joji Joseph

      Bahrain

      --- In IndianOrthodox@yahoogroups.com, Susan Eapen, Thiruvananthapuram <IndianOrthodox@...> wrote:

      >> I joined Divyabodhanam basic course this year. I find it extremely useful and a necessary base for anyone desiring to understand our Church and its traditions.
      >
      > I opted for the English Course because I can use my PC to submit the Essays and this would give me the flexibility to modify and edit repeatedly without having to redo from scratch (as against writing). I am not very adept at using Malayalam on the computer.
      >
      > I have not got my prescribed course books because the English Books are still being revised/edited and I may get it after one month. But once the English Books are in print, I think the outside Kerala churches can also introduce Divyabodhanam in English if not already done. Bangalore has active Divyabodhanam students who have done degree also.

    • susan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25, 2013
        -Dear Mr John P George,
        I never got the English books and had to struggle to find the English name of Swarna Naavukaaranaya Ivanios. (St John Chrysostum).

        I was all prepared to go for the convocation at Kottayam when I was told that I would not get the certificate. My 8th paper was missing. Our Prof.Mathews took it up and I sent a duplicate by email.

        I am yet to hear about it

        I am not joining for the DOCE under the circumstances. But I am planning to download and read the material provided at
        http://www.malankaraorthodoxtv.in/Divyabodhanam/

        So I thank ICON and Mathew Phillip, TVM, for providing the link.

        What are we to believe about the sanctity of ordination?
        The priest who left our church, got married and became a lecturer was true to his knowledge of himself.

        Susan Eapen
        Thiruvananthapuram