Waiting for the Holy Spirit- Renewal and Reception of the Spirit of God.

  • ICON Email
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      We are now observing the old event experienced by the blooming church at the time of the disciplines of our God and Lord. Indeed, the Holy Spirit,as promised by the Son of God came down to the disciples for which they waited in prayer in one mind which led to the origin of Christianity. But it is sorry or moreover deplorable that somehow we are not giving so much importance to commemorate that 'great event'. Our part on this has been finished by a service on Pentecoste Day and direction not to conduct Holy Matrimony Service on these ten days of 'Kathirippu'.It may also be noted that nowadays there are sounds against such a lengthy service on the day.

      We have to think very seriously and positively to observe these ten days of very importance which itself had a connotation in the long history and life of the Church of God. Some years back , there was a prayer get together lasting for three days in the name- Onnichu Kudam and Kathirikam'at Parumala Orthodox Seminary Church and St.George Orthodox Church, Puthupally and it is no more. Let us think in Holy Spirit, how can we effectively observe these ten periods in the same mind and nature the holy disciples observed and thus proclaimed Jesus to the world.

      Shajan Mathew
      Angadical, Chengannur