family meet @ Sarita Vihar, Delhi

  • Joy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013
      Dear Iconians,.

      Prayer and communication is what binds a family together. Along with prayer and worship, family communication is  vital in terms of healing wounds in relationships. Not just simple talking, non verbal expressions and ability to listen are important in our close knit families to keep it healthy in the Christian way.

      As a result of the feedback received from members of our community, Diaspora Secretariat, in Delhi is organizing a one day workshop on 12th of May @ Sarita Vihar St Thomas Church to learn, meditate and interact about the skills of Christian communication within the families. The sessions have been broadly divided into three parts comprising  of (1) Husband - Wife communication (2) Parents - Children communication (3) Communication with the parents and in-laws.

      Indian Orthodox Diaspora Secretariat is the spiritual organisation of MGOCSM alumni and couples in the Diocese of Delhi.

      With the onslaught of media and exposure to corrupt to secular world, some of the Orthodox Christian attributes like - being quick to forgive, make room for other's weaknesses, refuse to judge and speak negatively about others and deny to incite anger - are being lost and this workshop is an effort to imbibe these Godly habits in our precious families.
      I request you to please introduce the session to members in your parish and friends in Delhi and adjoining areas so that maximum of our couples and would-be married youngsters can participate and benefit from it. Experts from the counselling field would be moderating the session. Senior clergy from the Diocese are also expected to be present to guide the participants

      Please encourage maximum participation for His glory and help build better and God fearing families in our midst.

      Venue : St Thomas Church, Sarita Vihar
      Organised by: Indian Orthodox Diaspora Secretariat, Diocese of Delhi
      Time : 1100 Hours - 1600 Hrs, Soon after the Holy Qurbana
      Day : 12th of May, 2013, Sunday
      Resource Team : BCTI : Biblical Counseling Trust of India.
      Contact : 9810206326/9811126469

      Fr Shabu George
      Vice President
      Indian Orthodox Diaspora Secretariat, Delhi.