Thoughts On Recent Postings

  • alexander cherian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2013
      It is heartening to hear of the recovery of H.G.Mar Theophilus. I do join the the Church in praying For Thirumeni.

      The news from Syria is encouraging. I do hope and pray that both the bishops be freed from their abductors. We do need to pray for the persecuted church in various parts of the globe; in Syria, Egypt, Libya, Iran, Iraq, China, Vietnam, Indonesia, other south East Asian countries, Pakistan, Bangladesh and others. We need to thank God for the civil liberties we enjoy under the Secular constitution of India and empathize with and pray for those of our brethren who are undergoing the agony of systemic humiliation and repression in various parts of the globe, the Prelates, Priests, Missionaries, Pastors and Laity who face life threatening situations .The prayers for the persecuted church need to become a part of our daily private prayers. We do need to pray daily for the restoration of faith in traditional Christian countries of Europe, both Americas, and Australia.

      H.G. Seraphim Thirumeni's efforts in Banglore is praise worthy. Banglore Diocese include two of the major centres of IT industry. The efforts required are tremendous. Similar tasks are required in Chennai, Manglore, Jaipur, etc, which are or are emerging centers of IT Industry. Besides efforts should be made to create more awareness amongst our youngsters of the opportunities in the IT sector.

      Mr. Issac Thomas has been playing a stellar role in building up Yacharam Eye hospital; it is a center of Excellence. Mr. Issac though a Technocrat comes from a family of Doctors, has inherited tremendous knowledge of and has an innate skill in, HR management of Doctors. He appreciates the fact that as professionals Doctors, usually belong to the highest Social strata in terms of Intelligence Quotient; this crucial factor need to be assimilated fully by 'Managers' who often are from outside the system. It is also necessary for our young Doctors to internalise the Profession as an integral part of the mission of the Church. Obviously the Church and its medical institutions need to develop credibility.

      Alexander Cherian Assariath, Chennai