Re: Lengthy Church Services

  • Rajan Varghese
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 30, 2013
      Dear Sir

      Mr George Varghese’s and Mr Ronnie Daniel’s views inspired me to share one incident.

      About 11-12 years back, during one of the Holy Saturday’s services, the Priest started the Holy Qurbana without the Preparatory service /Morning Prayer (Namaskaram). The Holy Qurbana could be completed within 45minutes.

      As we did not have our own Church at that time, very few (8-10) people used to attend the Holy Saturday service.

      After the Holy Service we asked the priest regarding the celebration of Holy Qurbana without ‘Prabhata Namaskaram’….and to our surprise, the Priest immediately answered ‘ I had completed the namaskaram from the house itself.’

      From the above it is clear that our Church permits to have Holy Qurbana service without preparatory prayers (Tuyobo) at Church or in the presence of Parishioners.

      The time management is fully under the control of the parish priest

      Rajan Varghese, Noida
    • ICON Email
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 8, 2013
        Some of our church members always complains that our service is lengthy. A normal Sunday service with sermon may be arround 2 1/2 hrs only. Most of the members skip the one hour prabhatha namaskaram and some may reach for last half our only. I like to point about a family who always complain about this long service. The aunty was not willing to sit for the marthamariyam samajam after the church. The uncle always cries about giving the nominal monthly collection for the church and skips the other charity collections. Now this family is a member of Heavenly Feast. Aunty goes for whole day Friday prayers even early to participate in the kanji and payar preparation. Uncle knows to pay the monthly deshamsham. Those who complain against the leangthy service, please rethink. Once you participate in holy Qurbana whole heartedly, you will not feel that it is lengthy. God save our church.

        Regards, B V Chirathalattu, Vakathanam