Re: Lengthy Church Services-"And the mad undisciplined rush for Kaimuthu".

  • K N Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      Just one small suggestion regarding the " mad undisciplined rush for
      Kaimuthu" mentioned by Ms Susan Eapen. Yes, it is quite unsavory.

      In our parish church there is almost no rush for Kaimuthu; it is done in a
      very orderly Que. How is it accomplished?

      Achan asks every one to sit down; each row of people from either side stand
      up, one after the other. It is only when the first row of people finish
      their kaimuthu, that the next row of people stand up and start moving
      forward beginning from the right end for men and left end for women. Every
      one else sit comfortably and wait for their turn. It is very simple and
      orderly. I like it very much.
      I think this can be followed in every parish.

      And my general suggestion is: Kindly reorganize the Sunday worship to one
      half hour for "namaskaram' and one hour for Holy Qurbana. We used to have
      one-hour HQ in UC College chapel when I was a resident student
      there(1950-'54). Let the details be worked out by our priests/bishops.
      Thank you for listening.
      --
      Dr K N Thomas, (MEC), Kottayam