Re: Lengthy Church Services

  • Kurian Varghese
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 29, 2013
      Sir, Could you go through various correspondence on the subject of Lengthy services on Sunday? My humble opinion is that we should not try to cut any part of the service including that of the Old Testament reading, or Bhuvilasesham etc. It is to be submitted to the Synod and synod is to decide. However, I feel cutting down any part is not to be appreciated. Regards

      Kurian Varghese , Ghaziabad (UP)
    • ICON Email
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 8 3:40 PM
        Some of our church members always complains that our service is lengthy. A normal Sunday service with sermon may be arround 2 1/2 hrs only. Most of the members skip the one hour prabhatha namaskaram and some may reach for last half our only. I like to point about a family who always complain about this long service. The aunty was not willing to sit for the marthamariyam samajam after the church. The uncle always cries about giving the nominal monthly collection for the church and skips the other charity collections. Now this family is a member of Heavenly Feast. Aunty goes for whole day Friday prayers even early to participate in the kanji and payar preparation. Uncle knows to pay the monthly deshamsham. Those who complain against the leangthy service, please rethink. Once you participate in holy Qurbana whole heartedly, you will not feel that it is lengthy. God save our church.

        Regards, B V Chirathalattu, Vakathanam