Seeking Help For The Children At Prerana

  • Mathew Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." ~Mother Teresa

      Here we have an opportunity to do something wonderful with great love - to help poor and mentally challenged children at Prerana special School in Kalmeshwar, Nagpur. Many kind volunteers have been chipping in with help, but we need a few more helping hands. It has been estimated that $200 (USD) can take care of a good part of one child's expense at Prerana for a year. We are looking for kind hearted individuals or groups who can sponsor a child at Prerana for a year fully or partly.

      Prerana is a special school taking care of and educating, training mentally challenged children. Many of the children stay at Prerana for the school year. read here about Prerana at their website (not completely updated with the latest:
      http://preranaspecialschool.org )

      I recently visited Prerana and the Nagpur Seminary which runs the school as a mission project. Here are some notes from my visit: http://preranaspecialschool.blogspot.com/

      ICON Charities Inc. (which is a US based charitable organization) has partnered with Prerana to support and raise funds for Prerana. View the progress of the fund drive for 2013 here: http://www.icon.org.in/pr/page1.php

      Please support and spread the news among your friends and family.

      Warm regards,
      Mathew Samuel,
      Albany, NY.