URGENT: Sign the Petition for Obama to Save Kidnapped Syrian Bishops

  • Sinu
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2013
      Dear Brothers and Sisters,
      As many of you are already aware, we are saddened to report the kidnapping of
      His Eminence Mor Gregorious Yuhanna Ibrahim, Archbishop of the Syriac Orthodox
      Church in Aleppo, Syria by an unknown armed group. Also kidnapped, along with
      Archbishop Yuhanna Ibrahim, was Archbishop Bolous Yazejy of the Greek Orthodox
      Church of Aleppo. The Archbishops were en route to Kafr Dael, a relatively
      small village in the outskirts of Aleppo doing humanitarian work and their
      pastoral duties in securing the release of two priests who were kidnapped
      earlier this year. Both Archbishops were abducted from their vehicle and have
      not been seen or heard from since.
      I urge everyone to take immdiate action and sign the petition to help ensure
      their release.
      Continue to pray for a quick and safe return of the Archbishops and that
      rational thinking prevail on the part of the kidnappers.
      This petition should be circulated as widely as possible. Kindly pass it along
      and may God continue to bless you.

      https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/save-syrian-christians-bishops-and-cle\
      rgy-men/Nqrb3cv1

      Yours in Christ,

      Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim
      Archbishop
      © 2013 Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch Archdiocese of the Eastern United
      States
      260 Elm Avenue, Teaneck, NJ 07666
      Moderators’ Note: We request everybody to sign the petition and raise your voice to save these bishops. The process is very easy (1) Create an account with Whitehouse Petition site, (2) Wait for confirmation email and (3) Confirm your account. Please forward this link to your friends and relatives.