Gregory Palamas

  • The Orthodox Bookstore
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      Our passionate life must be offered to God, living and active, so that it may be a living sacrifice. The apostle even said the same of the body: "I exhort you",� he says, in fact, "by the mercy of God, to offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God"� (Rom 12:1).

      How can our living body be offered as a sacrifice pleasing to God? When our glance is meek when we draw down and pass to others the mercy from on high, when our ears are attentive to the divine teaching, not only to understand, but, as David says, "to remember God's commandments in order to carry them out�" (Ps 102:18) when our tongue, our hands and our feet, all serve the divine will.

      Gregory Palamas, The Triads