Induced Conversion to Malankara Catholic Church

  • litto_81
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20, 2013
      Respected Saju Alex,

      I don’t know the answers for your questions. However it is a fact that Malankara Catholics converted many Orthodox Christians by giving jobs and admissions. One of my relative joined Malankara Catholic Church to get job in their school. Management did not buy any capitation fee from her, but they asked her to convert in return of giving posting. I remember reading the biography of Late H.H. Mathews 2nd Catholicos. In that it was mentioned about the incident which lead to the establishment of St. Gregorios college, Kottarakkara. One active church member in Kundara parish has to convert to Malankara Catholic Church to get admission under management quota in Mar Ivanios college. Our church members felt that such incidents should not happen again. That led to the establishment of St. Gregorios college.

      Regards,
      Litto, Niranam