Re: What Pope Francis Compassionate, Wise Move Means To Orthodox Church

  • George Easaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Dear Dr Vinu Thomas,

      It is in fact a matter of great happiness that you also resonate with the
      frequency of the youth of our church. As you mentioned, it was very
      emotional moment not able to control tears, for most of us, what to mention
      of some of my other religious friends, who bowed down and acknowledged with
      great humility, the great humbling act of Pope Francis.

      I am sure this will send a lot of ripples in the papal coterie in Vatican,
      especially the Secretary of Vatican State Cardinal Bertone, who besides
      having to move from the Apostolic Palace to the Vatican Guest House, is
      lost at what the new pope is doing as different from the earlier popes who
      had failed miserably in connecting with the youth and the public in
      upholding Xian values..

      If you read some of the comments at the video (youtube) site, some of the
      parents and catholic believers are still cynical and are complaining how
      the Pope is not leaving their kids alone even after all these incidents..
      The damage is so deep rooted..

      Our High priests should also take up this challenge and connect with the
      poor, uninfluential, sick, less educated communities in our church. It is
      easy to move with the rich, famous and live in the lap of luxury and
      comfort. But it requires great courage, commitment and a divine call to be
      able to carry out such pious, humble acts, being a role model for the
      coming generations of believers, not caring for its consequences ..

      Thank you once again for the connect ..

      --
      Sincere regards,

      George Easaw, Bangalore.