Re: What Pope Francis Compassionate, Wise Move Means To Orthodox Church..

  • VINU
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
      Dear Mr. George Easow,

      Indeed you brought forth a fine point on an important legacy/ceremony (Aacharam) in our Church 'The Kaal Kazhukal Susrusha'.I could not hold my tears in empathy when I saw Pope kissing the feet of a 'young drug addict'.

      We must include children, youth, handicapped, the poor/sidelined and sick if any and the old aged other than just Priests and Sextons in feet washing ceremony. It will reflectively send a beautiful message to all sections of the faithful that the clergy is indeed a shepherd to all sections of them. It was encouraging to see HH the Catholicose washing the feet of a Child in Elia Cathedral in Kottayam.

      Passion Week services are the best platforms, where all sections of faithful unfailingly flock, when the right messages can be conveyed to those who unfortunately see the Church as non-compassionate, unconcerned and unmoved.

      This Pope Francis, driven by such Christian acts who walks his Christian calling, will change the face of Catholic Church and might bring in a Nobel Prize for Peace to Catholic Church.

      Thank you Mr. George Easow for bringing this aspect up.

      Dr. Vinu Thomas, Dubai