Support a Mentally Challenged Child of God

  • Indian Orthodox
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      Respected Brothers and Sisters,

      Taking care of mentally challenged children is very hard and demanding. It will test our patience and will-power. It will be all the more difficult if we don’t have sufficient money to take care of these children.

      That is exactly what Prerana Special School, Nagpur, is faced with every day. They are taking care of around 100 mentally challenged children now with no committed or regular income. Fr. Bijesh Philip and his dedicated team are struggling hard to raise money to run this Special School. Nagpur is the center of India and our priests are working there under very strenuous circumstances. Unlike in Kerala, the attitude of the society towards these unfortunate children of God is indifferent. Most of the time, these children left behind to fend for themselves in the street without any social or essential life skills. The school under the management of the seminary took as Christian mission to give a little hope these unwanted children.

      The annual monetary need of a child is very nominal; USD 200 will take care of most of the basic needs, including special training classes, daily nutritious food and clothes. If 100 of us can come forward, we can cover all their needs and it will be a big support for Bijesh achen and his team, who are working for this cause selflessly.

      Last year our ICON friends teamed up and donated USD 5,000 and thus helped 25 students.

      Four your convenience a special link has been setup to support these kids. Click the link http://www.icon.org.in/pr/page1.php , see some of the pictures of these kids. All donations are tax exempt for US residents.

      If each parish can adopt one child each, we can easily meet their needs. So please consider to donate a small part of your Lent denial collection to these children. If you can’t afford, please pass this need to others who might be interested in helping these children of God.

      In Risen Christ,
      ~ICON Moderators

      PS:
      http://www.icon.org.in/pr/page1.php

      Direct transfer is also possible:
      Prerana Multipurpose Society, Kalmeshwar, Nagpur
      Federal Bank, Ramdaspeth, Nagpur (MH), India
      FCRA Acct. No. 13390100039544
      IFSC Code: FDRL0001339
      Alternate Acct. No. 13390100043249 (Non FCRA)

      Prerna Site Link:
      http://preranaspecialschool.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_contentandtask=viewandid=14andItemid=27

      See an earlier message
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IndianOrthodox/message/16805