The Palm Sunday

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013
                                              Remembering the Last Week of Christ
      The Palm Sunday,

      Luke 19:29-34: He sent two of His disciples, saying, Go into the village opposite you, where as you enter you will find a colt tied, on which no one has ever sat. Loose it and bring it here. And if anyone asks you, Why are you loosing it? thus you shall say to him, Because the Lord has need of it. So those who were sent went their way and found it just as He had said to them. But as they were loosing the colt, the owners of it said to them, Why are you loosing the colt? And they said, The Lord has need of him. Lord, may we be found a colt you need, for you to ride on. May we be loosed from all that keeps us from being available to you, Lord.
      This fulfilled Zech. 9:9: ”… thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.” The lowliness of the King (Jesus) riding upon an ass contrasted with the pomp of the Roman governor Pontius Pilate whose imperial procession – not recordedin the Bible, but was the practice of the Roman governors at major Jewish festivals – entered Jerusalem from the west as Jesus’ procession of peasants approached from the east. These contrasting processions signified the conflict that was to follow the rest of the last week of Christ: the confrontation between the kingdom of the world and the kingdom of God. Lord, may our  heart be firmly bound to lowliness.
      Thankful for your prayers,

      Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington, D.C.

      "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
      Watch your words, they become actions.
      Watch your actions, they become habit.
      Watch your habits, they become character.
      Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."