Re: Should Women Be Silent in churches?

  • Aju Tharian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      The original topic - "Should Women be silent in churches?" by Mr. Oommen Kappil appeared more than a week ago. Our women folk have been really silent on this topic. There was a lot of men, trying to interpret and explain behind this subject. Thanks for everyone views on this topic. Defintely there would have been a reason for St. Paul to write this. In the modern times, although this is a difficult topic to digest for most women like me. We do admire all the rights given in the church by our Indian Orthodox Church. This past sunday in my church we had two good speakers - both were women. Our church has a tradition of lenten sermons by various people and this week, Dr. Jinu Kurian, she explained the healing of the Crippled women. She did a good job in explaining this biblical concept connecting with modern times. Later for our Martha Maria Samajam meeting we had a Achen's Kochamma who did a good job in explaining about the tabernacle and also about the
      importance of women and biblical explanation for that. Women are in no way less than their counter parts. Both message was relished by most of our Church Members.
      If these two women were silent in the church, most of our church members would not have benefited their messages.
      May the Lenten Season, be time for Enlightenment, Faith, Hope, Prayer, Fasting and Encouragement.

      Mrs. Aju Tharian,
      St. Stephen's Malankara Orthodox Church, Midland Park, NJ