Re: Seven sayings on the Cross

  • Mathews David
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013
      Seven sayings on the cross
      (week-4)

      Continued from week-3.

      4.The word of Anguish. (Suffering, Distress, Agony, Pain)

      Mathew Ch.27:46, Mark Ch.15:34 -� My God, My God,� Why have you forsaken me

      Was Jesus forsaken? Yes. His father forsake Him on the cross. He was forsaken for our sins. Bearing our sin, being our substitute, took all our sin so that we could be saved.

      1 Timothy 2:5-� For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

      He was a mediator between God and man, The man Christ Jesus.

      Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

      Jesus was forsaken to pay the penalty for us as our substitute.

      Zachariah� 13:7- �

      "Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, Against the Man who is My Companion," Says the Lord of hosts.
      "Strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered;
      Then I will turn My hand against the little ones."

      The strike from God is:�

      God the father turning away from Jesus. Abandoning Him. Look at how much Jesus ached for the fellowship even though missing only for a short period.

      Let us look into ourselves:-
      We live without God �Unconcerned for years and still do not feel the pain of separation from God."

      Friends, we must avoid the separation and must feel it when it (the separation) happens.�
      Why?
      Because in life's darkest hours, there will be no friends/counselors/elders/neighbors/� none in this world to answer you or comfort you.
      Then you need to aim your questions at God. For that you want God to look at you and be with you. Not separated and facing away.

      To be continued.

      Mathews David, Randolph, NJ.
    • Mathews David
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
        Seven sayings on the cross
        (week-5)

        Continued from week-4.

        5.The word of suffering.

        John 19:28 - 'I thirst' It says in order that the scripture to be fulfilled.�

        At Calvary Jesus was offered two drinks:

        1st drink- Mathew 27:34- He denied.
        2nd drink-Mathew 27:48- He asked for.

        Denied the first drink, because it was wine and poison mixed to lessen the pain. Jesus wanted to endure the pain. The physical part of His suffering was severe. He was denied rest through the previous night. He was arrested, tied up, beaten, struck on the face, whipped, scalp punctured by the thorns, bruised and bleeding, pierced and hanged on a cross.

        But, he still wanted to endure the pain.� Why?

        1.For the redemption of mankind.
        2.� He will understand our pain.

        That is why He denied the first drink.

        Now, the 2nd Drink : He asks crying out “ I am thirsty”.
        Thirsty of what? Spiritual thirst. His greatest desire is for us to be saved.

        Dear friends,
        We can learn that:�
        1. suffering always has a purpose and that something good can come from it.
        2.God understand our pain because He too experienced it.
        3. Jesus' greatest thirst is for us to be saved.

        Will you quench our Lord's thirst by devoting your life for Him.
        Believing, repenting and be baptized in the Holy Spirit for the
        forgiveness of�our sins.

        To be continued.

        Mathews David, Randolph, NJ.
      • Mathews David
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
          Seven sayings on the cross
          (week-6)
          Continued from week-5.

          6.The word of Victory.
          John 19:30 - � It is finished�

          Finished what? Whatever the Father had sent Him to do in this world.

          Jesus lived the most holy, pure and good life. He suffered for the sins of men.

          He did both of this. Meaning He finished his job. Nothing more to do.

          That means Jesus Christ offers us : Full and complete salvation.
          The 3 words �IT IS FINISHED� means PAID IN FULL. He paid in full for our sins.

          The curtain that separated the holy place from the court was torn.
          The curtain between man and God was torn. There is no separation
          now. Anybody can come to his thrown of Grace. Remember the price
          for your sin is paid in full.

          To be continued.

          Mathews David, Randolph, NJ.