Re: Positivity As An Option

  • ronnie daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Abey Jacob <abcjacob@...> wrote:
      >Does positivity offer any benefit as compared to the material and monetary benefits, which negativity or selfishness can offer? Only the fittest can survive the best; that is the unchangeable law of nature.

      I think law of nature is the law of the Lord, because He is the one who has created the world and all in it and maintaining it. Survival of the fittest is the law established by men, not by nature or God.
      If survival of the fittest is the law of nature, the shepherd boy David could not have killed the powerful Goliath. There are many instances in the Bible where the meek and powerless succeeds by the power of God. How Israelites were redeemed from slavery of the powerful Egyptians. How the stutterer Moses could lead them to their promised land.

      Our problem I think is that we connect God, positivity and all good things in this life to material and monetary benefits, peace and happiness, a rich life style etc.. etc.. in this world.
      If that was the case, perhaps the God's begotten Son, the King of all kings should not have born in a manger and should not have hanged on a cross.

      And he said the peace I give you is not this world's peace; but MY peace I give it to you. That peace is our readiness to accept whatever He gives whether it is suffering or pleasure, richness or poverty with a lot of gratitude. We need to understand that Lord's blessing can come in the form of sufferings too in order to purify us and make us more closer to him. I am yet to see a single rich or affluent person who sincereley lives a godly life.
      There is a very recent research on Mother Theresa and her sainthood and the theory is that she did not want to uplift the poor from their poverty and sufferings because she sincereley believed that godliness can be achieved only through sufferings in our this worldly body. We have to get in to the mindset of accepting sufferings too as a gift of God.

      St. Paul had no reason to go through all those sufferings after he followed Jesus. But, he had more peace and contentment in his life with Jesus than the monetery and materialistic life he had before.

      In conclusion, one who has faith in God will remain always positive and has no reason to be negative or selfish or to run after all " good " things we see as good in this world.

      Ronnie Daniel
      Toronto, Canada