Reg : Remembrance in prayers. reply from Ronnie Daniel.

  • George Easaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      Dear Ronnie,

      It was a lovely, well thought out divine reply to my query on whom all to remember in our prayers as given in our liturgy and whether people engaged in for-profit selfish ventures were also eligible for God's grace, mercy and intercession as anyone else..

      Even though the ideal thinking would be to frankly remember only those who work for societal service and upliftment, you have managed to give a reply which would not hurt all other church goers and believers engaged in private for-profit pursuits..

      Imagine a society where everyone irrespective of his/her status and education, were working for the benefit of others ..

      Even the sinner has pride of place in the Kingdom of God as in the parable of the workers in the vineyard, Mathew 20:1-16 ..

      --
      Sincere regards,

      George Easaw
      Bangalore
    • ronnie daniel
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        George Easaw <geasaw@...> wrote: It was a lovely, well thought out divine reply to my query. Imagine a society where everyone irrespective of his/her status and education, were working for the benefit of others. Even the sinner has pride of place in the Kingdom of God as in the parable of the workers in the vineyard, Mathew 20:1-16.

        Dear Mr. Easow,

        Our thoughts are food for our soul, same way the food we eat are good for our body. There are good food and stale food. Stale food can make us sick. Same way stale thoughts can lead us to spiritual sickness. Many choose to feed their soul with stale thoughts and that is why we have all these problems in the world. Good thoughts are like light in our life. Without good and positive thoughts, our soul lives in darkness, which is dwelling place of the devil. When God created the world it was dark and void. So, whether we like it or not, the default status of everything in this world including our mind is dark and void. Then God's spirit hovered over the waters of the world and God created light to replace darkness. Therefore, whether we guide our thoughts in the light of God's Holy words determines whether we live in light or darkness.

        Your second point about a society where every one working for the benefit of others. That is what exactly St. Paul narrated in the example of comparing the whole community or society to our body. Hands cannot say I am not head, so I am not part of the body. In Canada, a good plumber makes as much money as a Doctor. Municipality garbage collectors makes more money than a teacher. When every one makes enough money for their needs and every one work for the good of the other; that is when God's Kingdom will come on earth. That will happen when more people who believe in the Bible allow that light from God enlighten our thoughts.

        Your third point about the parable of the worker in the vineyard. Many consider it as an approval to sin till the last hour. But, the problem is that we do not know when and where that last hour is. I heard a sermon where the preacher; an Orthodox Priest was saying this. Quote "There are only two questions asked at the time of final judgment. 1. Did you hear the word of God at any point of time in your life? 2. If you heard, did you live according to that??". Unquote..

        Everything else like when you are baptized, where you are baptized, which church you belong to, whether you were under disciple of Peter or Thomas, or under which throne has no relevance at all. We are doomed if our answer to that second question is a "No".

        The man who worked the last hour in the vineyard, had shown the courtesy to accept the call of the Master and apparently gave his full devotion to what he was asked to do during that one hour he worked for the master. We may have accepted the call, but the question is where is our devotion. Do we work for the stale food of this world or do we work for the Kingdom of the Lord.

        Again I appreciate your thoughts and question about the prayers we chant every now and then. Now we are in the Holy lent and we are going to chant and hear a lot of prayers and sermons. We have a delicious, full course buffet placed on a table in front of us. Think about going around this table with a plate and taking nothing from it. Or taking everything in the plate and dropping the whole plate on the floor.
        Instead of hearing all the prayers and sermons through the right ear and letting it go out through the left, allow some of it to stay in the few inches between our two ears and let it become food for our soul. Those prayers and songs in the books have great meanings and real power to influence our thought processes and finally helping each one of us in becoming a tool in the hands of our Lord to make the Lord's prayer "Thy kingdom come" come true.

        Regards,
        Ronnie Daniel, Toronto, Canada.