Lenten Meditation for Feb. 19, 2013/Second Tuesday of Great Lent

  • ICON Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      February 19, 2013
      2nd Tuesday of Lent

      Bible Readings:

      Evening
      St. Luke 6: 37-49

      Morning
      Exodus 16: 15 -27
      Acts 10: 25-33
      II Corinthians 6: 1-11
      St. Mark 4: 21 -34

      �For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.� - St. Mark 4:22-23

      The light of Jesus is never concealed but always revealed to us. At times, we struggle to see the truth/light in all situations. The truth is clear but our ability to see is flawed. As we put God�s teaching to practice we see more truth and understand His will for us. James 1: 22- 25 reads the following:
      �Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

      It isn�t just important to listen to the Word but we are called to listen and obey the Word, to do what it says. As we obey, we develop a deeper understanding of our Savior Jesus Christ and we see the truth of the people we are and the people we can become. God�s Word has given us a guaranteed path to the truth. But first we need to step out in faith to put His Word into action. Don't allow doubt to fill your mind, nor let the world deceive you into distrust. The more we receive the blessing of God's words, the more it will change us to become more like Him.

      Prayer: Dear Father, Open my eyes, heart and mind to Your light. Help me to listen and respond to the truth You have revealed in Your Word. Bless me, Father, so that what I hear in Your word is seen in my life. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

      Courtesy:
      'Lenten Devotionals' published by MGOCSM Philadelphia