Re: Jacobite church in serious problem

  • ronnie daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13 6:43 AM
      Thomasanl wrote:
      >We should not have gone for the Koonan cross oath which divided the St. Thomas christian community,and remained under the Roman yoke for the sake of unity.

      I think Mr. Thomas Kuttikandathil got the whole thing wrong. None said our ancestors should not have fought against the foreign forces which were trying to overpower us.

      What everyone saying is that, as Indians we should have fought this fight united against foreign interference in our Church. Foreigners take advantage of us when we are divided. That is the whole point.

      Mr. Thomas narrated two negative stories when Mar Thoma Church and Malankara Rite separated from us. What about many other instances where our own clergy sacrificed positions they deserved to accommodate others and thus avoided a split in the Church?? Those are the positive stories.

      When we have more people talking about the positive stories rather than negative stories, I think we will have a better Church.

      We have just completed the Reconciliation (Shubkhono) service. Very soon there is going to be the "Feet washing service". "For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." St. Luke 9:48". What is the point in observing this lent and quarrelling constantly with your brother???

      If you have attended the "Shubkono" service perhaps you have heard these two lines.

      "Eikyathinnaay baddhappetuveen kruddhanmaare
      Nammaal kruddhan naadhan nammil preethippettu"

      We have become a bunch of angry and pride (kruddhan) people who never even think about "Eikyam" or unity.

      Rgds
      Ronnie Daniel
      Toronto, Canada